JA Black Innovate (NEW!)
Introducing JA Black Innovate Entrepreneurship!
JA Black Innovate is an Immersive and guided startup experience where you gain the skills needed to launch your own business startup. With the help of JA Senior Advisor of Entrepreneur, coaching by local entrepreneurs, and a startup handbook, you will launch and manage your own business.
In this program, students will:
- Work on your business idea on your own or with a few other program participants
- Go at your own pace
- Get support from JA Senior Advisor of Entrepreneurship and local entrepreneurs
- Pitch your idea to investors and at startup competitions (JA PitchFest, JA Company Program of the Year Competition, MN Cup) to win cash prize
- Receive seed funding from JA, market your product, make sales, and gain profit from selling your product/service to customers
- Receive mentorship from local entrepreneurs
- Can earn two college credits from Metropolitan State University (11 and 12th graders only)
- Metropolitan State University credit (11th and 12th graders only)
- Launch and manage your start up company
One weekly meeting held Monday’s (6-8 pm), and occasional Saturdays or for youth start-up competitions and events. October 2020 – May 2021. Meetings will be held in-person. In the event that we cannot meet in-person, we will meet virtually.
- Students entering grades 11-12th grades
Junior Achievement James R. and Patricia Hemak Experiential Learning Center
1745 University Ave. W • St. Paul, MN 55104
Space is limited; students are encouraged to apply early. Deadline is October 20, 2021.
Participation is free of charge.
Questions? Email Karl Benson: firstname.lastname@example.org
JA Senior Advisor-Entrepreneurship