Terms and Conditions – JA BizTown and JA Finance Park
JA BizTown and JA Finance Park Expectations / Code of Conduct Agreement
Junior Achievement North will provide:
- Teacher and student curriculum materials for use prior to the on-site visit. Materials will be sent upon receipt of payment of invoice.
- JA in-class assistance and consultation, as available.
- All on-site simulation materials.
- Teacher and adult volunteer training sessions, with dates to be determined.
- Ongoing support to teachers by e-mail and phone, as needed.
- Staff assistance and facilitation during the JA Capstone on-site simulation. JA staff members will seek first the assistance of supervising teachers to help with a discipline problem. If behavior does not improve, JA staff reserves the right to request that a teacher remove the student from the simulation. While this request will be a “last resort” option, an attending teacher will be responsible for that student’s removal to a safe area (e.g., school bus, hallway, etc.) and that student will be supervised while there for the duration fo the school’s visit.
Teachers Agree to:
- Attend a teacher training session and assume responsibility for providing any necessary substitute teachers on that date (if applicable).
- Use the JA Capstone curriculum and materials with the understanding that they are the copyrighted property of Junior Achievement and may not be shared, given away, copied or in any way distributed or used by any party other than the person(s) who has signed this Program Agreement.
- Return to the local area JA office, the Curriculum Guide and Classroom Kit, should teacher or school discontinue teaching the curriculum for any reason.
- Prepare students for the simulation using curriculum materials provided by Junior Achievement.
- Recruit adult volunteers for the on-site visit. (minimum of 18, maximum of 36 for JA BizTown, 1 adult per 6 students for JA Finance Park)
- Notify the adult volunteers of the training session(s) .
- Notify students, parents, and adult volunteers of the date and time of the simulation visit.
- Arrange student transportation for the simulation.
- Indicate the school’s arrival and departure times for the simulation visit. (3.5 – 4.5 hours on-site)
- Remind students, and enforce that the behavioral expectations and consequences, which apply while on school property, also apply when students are in the Junior Achievement JA BizTown
- Work with the JA staff while on-site to maintain an environment that is suitable to learning. If a student’s behavior is inappropriate during the simulation, (e.g., refusing to participate, disturbing others, using vulgar language, etc.) JA staff members will seek the assistance of supervising teachers. If the behavior does not improve, JA staff reserves the right to request that a teacher remove the student from the simulation. While this request will be a “last resort” option, an attending teacher will be responsible for that student’s removal to a safe area (e.g., school bus, hallway, etc.) and that the student will be supervised while there for the duration of the school’s visit.
Principal Agrees to:
- Submit payment based on the terms of the invoice received from Junior Achievement North. Schools are invoiced on the number of instructional material sets provided.
- Encourage teachers to require and enforce the same behavioral expectations and consequences while students are in the Junior Achievement Hemak Learning Center that apply while on school property, following up appropriately on discipline issues after the visit, if necessary.
- Assume responsibility, on behalf of the school, for damage done to JA’s property by students while participating in the simulation(s).
- Support teachers in their efforts to fulfill their Agreement conditions.
- If a confirmed program simulation date is cancelled, your school will provide a minimum of 90 days written notice to JA or incur the following cancellation penalty for either capstone program.
Junior Achievement North Capstone Program Fees and Pricing – On-Site Simulations:
Full cost of the program per student is $80.
- $20 – Student Fee
- $5/student – Back to School Reduction – for onsite simulations before November 15
- Scholarship and Travel Reductions may be available.
PREPAYMENT and CANCELLATION POLICY
- Upon signing “School Agreement”, an invoice will be generated. Once paid, the curriculum will be shipped to the school. If school cancels, a refund is only issued if 1) cancellation occurs 90 days before reserved visit date AND 2) curriculum is fully returned unused. Students may be added to the count, but once curriculum is shipped, the number will not be reduced.
JA Finance Park Virtual and JA BizTown Adventures
- $12 per student cost for participating in these programs.
- $1 per student reduction in the subsequent year for completion / verification of the program in the current year.
- Scholarships may be available.
PAYMENT and CANCELLATION POLICY
- Upon signing “School Agreement”, an invoice will be generated. Once paid, the curriculum will be shipped/electronically provided to the school. If school does not complete, a refund is only issued if 1) cancellation occurs 90 days before scheduled online simulation date AND 2) curriculum is fully returned unused within 30 days of shipment. Students may be added to the count, but once curriculum is provided, the number will not be reduced.
We have read the above information and understand the financial and behavioral commitments we are making to the Junior Achievement program and facility.