Bring Learning to Life
The power of partnerships makes Junior Achievement unique. It takes thousands of volunteers to implement programming each year. We truly couldn’t do this important work without volunteers from schools, businesses, and community groups. Thank you!
As a volunteer, you will work alongside students, share your experiences, and explore engaging content. Junior Achievement North staff will train you, give you the lessons and materials needed, and support you to ensure a successful and impactful experience for you and the students.
Ways to Volunteer
Our volunteers provide students with new perspectives and guidance in partnership with teachers and Junior Achievement North staff. You don’t need any special skills to volunteer. You can simply be yourself by sharing your authentic experiences as you help students connect classroom learning to the real world.
Our opportunities are flexible and rewarding, so connect with us, and we’ll help you discover the best option for you or your group.
In the classroom, you’ll guide students through engaging lessons and share your experiences. We have K-12 classroom opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Junior Achievement prepares young people with the skillset and mindset to build thriving communities. JA volunteers provide students with new perspectives by sharing unique and authentic lived experiences, helping students connect classroom learning to the real world. As a JA volunteer, you show young people what’s possible for them and their futures.
- Volunteer at our Experiential Learning Center in St. Paul
- JA BizTown & JA Finance Park – experience the joy of our immersive Learning Labs where students build skills, explore careers, and have fun!
- Volunteer in a local classroom in your community
- JA In-Classroom – guide students through engaging lessons in the classroom, sharing your experiences and helping students connect concepts with the world around them.
- Additional Volunteer Opportunities
- Interested in volunteer opportunities outside of the classroom? Support JA’s work by assisting with administrative tasks at our JA North office in St. Paul! Your help ensures JA is best able to serve our students.
Volunteering opportunities range from 45–60-minute classroom visits to one-day JA BizTown/JA Finance Park simulations. Volunteer training varies in duration per program.
- Training – you will be provided with guidance from a JA staff member and training materials to reference as you prepare for your volunteer experience.
- Connection – you will be connected with a local educator who can answer questions and provide information about their class.
- Content – you will receive JA curriculum material that will walk you through each lesson and guide you as you teach students and share your experiences.
- Support – a local JA staff member will be available to assist with issues and answer any questions along the way
No specific knowledge or experience is needed! JA volunteers’ wide range of unique backgrounds, professions, and lived experiences expose students to new ideas. Materials, subject matter, and training are provided. All you need is a desire to help students grow and succeed in their futures!
Absolutely! To learn more about group opportunities, please fill out our Volunteer Interest Form. Once your form is received, a member of our staff will reach out to discuss details.