Employment and Open Positions
Gain experience while working with 5th -12th grade students in a FUN academic environment. At Junior Achievement North’s hands-on experiential learning labs, you will support students as they have the best day ever becoming young entrepreneurs, customers, business leaders and learn about personal finances. As a Capstone Coordinator in JA BizTown and JA Finance Park, you get paid to help kids play grown-up for the day! This position is located at our James R. and Patricia Hemak Experiential Learning Center in the Midway Area of St. Paul MN. Growth opportunities available to shift positions into development, educational program management, events, and outreach. This is more than a part-time position. This is a career starting point! This position is located at our James R. and Patricia Hemak Experiential Learning Center in the Midway Area of St. Paul MN. Learn more about joining the JA Team.
District Manager of Fargo-Moorhead
The District Manager of Fargo-Moorhead position will support JA’s economic experiential educational programs within the business and education communities. Primary responsibilities include: board development and awareness, fundraising and development, and program management, and leadership and development. This position has one direct report, Program Coordinator of Fargo-Moorhead. Regional daytime travel required. The occasional evening or weekend may be required. Learn more about joining the JA Team.
AmeriCorps VISTA Positions:
The Minnesota Alliance With Youth VISTA program places members in nonprofits, government, and schools in the Twin Cities to create, connect, and leverage resources to address education inequities such as the opportunity and achievement gaps. We build capacity, coordinate efforts that bridge and build the integration of school and community-wide support for youth, and actively engage youth as agents of change in closing these gaps. Our 20 person cohort meets regularly for professional development, team building, and peer support. There are four VISTA positions placed at Junior Achievement North (JA North).
- Engagement & Equity VISTA – The Engagement & Equity VISTA will play a pivotal role in building the long-term infrastructure for Junior Achievement’s goal of becoming a more inclusive organization. This position will work closely with the Engagement & Equity team, cross-functionally, and externally to build out longstanding processes, presentation and training materials, and external engagement materials. The Engagement & Equity VISTA will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the students we serve, the staff, the organization, and the community. Learn more here.
- Marketing & Communications VISTA – The Marketing & Communications VISTA will help deepen JA’s ties and messaging across our service region. By building our marketing, branding, and messaging capacity, Junior Achievement will establish itself as a regional thought leader in experiential education, youth entrepreneurship, and career readiness. Learn more here.
- Special Events VISTA – The Special Events VISTA will be both externally and internally facing, engaging a variety of constituents. This position will collaborate with event vendors and engage community members to increase the number of event attendees and visibility of the events. The Events VISTA will engage nonprofit partners who have developed successful materials and processes and will selectively incorporate their practices into JA North’s event implementation. Learn more here.
- Development Operations VISTA – The Development Operations VISTA will build the prospecting and fundraising capacity of the organization. By identifying and securing revenue from new and increased donors, JA will impact more systemically excluded students and communities. Apply today if you are interested in building or have skills related to fundraising, writing, procedures, databases, and reporting. Learn more here.
YOUR EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PACKAGE
Junior Achievement North offers a comprehensive & competitive benefit package for eligible staff members:
Junior Achievement North provided COVERAGE
The following benefits are offered with 100% cost being paid by Junior Achievement North:
- Employee Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Short-term Disability
The following benefits are offered to eligible staff members with Junior Achievement North contributing toward cost.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with a generous Junior Achievement North contribution of 3%
The following benefits are offered to eligible staff members at their own cost.
- Flexible Spending Account – Medical and Dependent Care
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- 403b Retirement Plan
THE IMPORTANCE OF WORK/LIFE BALANCE
At Junior Achievement North, we recognize the importance of work/life balance for our staff members, and we offer the following programs to support your work/life balance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Two Paid Breaks:
- 1-week Fiscal Year End Break
- 2-week Calendar Year End Break
- Flexible Fridays during the Summer Months
- Technology Cost reimbursements