This statement discloses the privacy practices of Junior Achievement North. Questions pertaining to this statement should be directed to Junior Achievement North for clarification.
Our Privacy Vow – Website Policies
Your privacy is important. We strive to provide you with a safe and secure user experience. On occasion, there may be instances wherein information must be obtained in order to differentiate you from our thousands of other unique visitors. This helps us provide information and services that are most relevant to you. We collect information through registration and cookies.
When registering for certain services such as contests, promotions, online curriculum and games, we may ask that you provide us with some information. This information may include your name, passwords, email address, phone number, and postal address, some or all of which will be used for personalization and identification purposes only.
Some of our Web pages use “cookies” so that we can better serve you with more tailored information. Cookies are pieces of information that Web sites transfer to your browser to keep on your computer for record-keeping purposes. These cookies allow us to “save” your passwords and settings so that you can avoid re-entering them each time you return for a visit. It should be understood that cookies do NOT collect any information, but rather store preferences. The information we collect and analyze is used for the sole purpose of improving our service to you.
Our Privacy Vow – Use of Information collect via Website or via Other Documents
Any personal information you provide to Junior Achievement North is maintained and accessible only by Junior Achievement North unless specifically stated otherwise. Junior Achievement North may use the information it collects in any of the following ways:
- We use aggregate data collected to inform our local offices of the number of people from their areas who are registered users. No personally identifiable information is disclosed in this process; only general information in aggregate form.
- Non-specific, aggregate data is also used for the purposes of collecting general demographic information, measuring user interests, and analyzing the collective characteristics and behaviors of our registered visitors. The collection of this information allows us to appropriately change, update, and service the Web site in accordance to common trends.
- Donor information collected includes names and addresses and relationships to places of employment. This information is collected based on information provided to JA North from the donor when donating, volunteering with JA North, attending events or providing other communication to JA North.
- From time to time, Junior Achievement North may use your information to inform you of changes and enhancements to our content and services, to solicit donations or invite attendance at events. For those who have elected to receive information from Junior Achievement North such as offers or information about the company, we may send you direct mail regarding products we feel may be of interest to you.
- We will NOT release your personal information to other organizations without your express permission. We do not sell, trade or share donors’ private information with other organizations except when required as stated in bullets following.
- If you enter a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your provided information to contact you if you should win.
- Junior Achievement North is in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). The personally identifiable information we collect is in no way intended for those under the age of 13. Where “age” or “date of birth” is requested, it must be indicated that the user is over 13 years of age in order for the information to be stored or transmitted.
- We respond to subpoenas, warrants, or other court orders regarding information that is contained within our access logs concerning any member or visitor. We also reserve the right to release that information concerning a user who we believe is in violation of Junior Achievement North’s terms and conditions or other published guidelines and official rules, even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order. We cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our servers for illegal activities. We also reserve the right to report any illegal activity to law enforcement.
- Junior Achievement North also cooperates with, and reserves the right to release any and all information to, tax collection and tax law enforcement agencies in order to identify those users who may owe taxes on earnings from Junior Achievement North prize winnings. (U.S. residents who win $600.00 or more combined cash and merchandise prizes in a calendar year must provide their Social Security number in order to receive “1099” forms from Junior Achievement North.)
- Junior Achievement North uses SSL security on any form that requires credit card information. We will never ask for information that could be used in a phishing scheme without the SSL security behind the form.
Individuals may correct information provided or opt-out of communications, thereby terminating all existing information he or she may have registered with Junior Achievement North. This is done by contacting Junior Achievement North at email@example.com and requesting corrections or removal from our database. Any modifications to this policy will be posted in this space. We welcome any questions or comments you have.