KS95/KSTP Broadcasting Center
The Broadcasting Center energizes JA BizTown by playing music throughout the day. JA BizTown businesses promote their goods and services through radio advertisements and citizens can make a song request or dedication. Customers can purchase inflatable microphones, funky hats, and disco ball necklaces (debit cards only).
You may enjoy working here if you like:
- Public speaking
The Whitney and Elizabeth MacMillan Experiential Learning Lab
208 Entrepreneurship Lane
JA BizTown, MN 55104
- Obtains bank loan.
- Supervises employees and oversees business operations.
- Signs paychecks.
- Meets with other businesses to purchase insurance, renewable energy, and health insurance.
- Helps other employees with their work, and stands in for them on their breaks.
- Inputs and submits business loan to the bank.
- Creates and prints paychecks
- Signs paychecks if CEO is not available
- Pays online bills sent to business
- Monitors money coming into the business
- Deposits money from sales to Bank
- Collects the Radio Ads from each JA BizTown business and delivers them to the DJ
- Sends online invoice for advertising to businesses
- Assists Promotions Director with sales
- Entertains citizens through music quizzes, dance competitions, and other live entertainment
- Sells music related retail items, song requests, and shout-outs
- Fills in for Sound Engineer/DJ when needed
- Interviews citizens and/or teachers live on-air
- Seeks out news stories and reports them on-air throughout the day
- Selects and plays music for broadcast throughout BizTown
- Clearly reads advertisements, announcements, and weather over the JA BizTown airwaves